Retirement Plan Advisor Steve Kjar CIMA® Joins the Retirement Advisor Council
- Created: Wednesday, 17 February 2016 06:23
East Granby, CT – Steve Kjar CIMA® has joined the Retirement Advisor Council effective January 1, 2016.
As a Vice President at Lockton, Mr. Kjar partners with retirement plan sponsors to provide complete advisory services including helping them mitigate fiduciary risk, benchmark plan investments and fees. With more than 50 retirement plans, Mr. Kjar also helps clients with technical and compliance consulting as well as employee communications.
Mr. Kjar was nominated for a seat on the Council in November 2015. The Nomination Committee recommended his application for Council membership after a comprehensive review process that took multiple factors into consideration including his years of experience in the industry and professional designations. The Executive Board of the Council approved Mr. Kjar’s nomination in January of 2016.
“As a retirement plan advisor, I provide strategic consulting services for defined contribution, defined benefit, non-qualified deferred compensation, and health and welfare plans. I look forward to joining the Council to learn from other advisors and also to share my experience helping clients with creative solutions.”
The Retirement Advisor Council is a national organization that advocates for successful qualified plan and participant retirement outcomes through the collaborative efforts of experienced, qualified retirement plan advisors, investment managers and defined contribution plan service providers. To advance its mission, the Council undertakes initiatives in the areas of research, public relations and promotion, general public education, regulatory positions and practice management. The Council accomplishes this mission by:
- Identifying duties, responsibilities, and attributes of the Professional Retirement Plan Advisor.
- Sharing professional standards with plan sponsors who are responsible for the success of their plans.
- Providing collective thought capital to decision makers, product providers, legislators and the public.
- Giving voice to the retirement plan advisor community.
- Offering tools to evaluate advisors to ensure the quality of services provided.
Learn more about Lockton at lockton.com
Learn more about the Retirement Advisor Council at www.retirementadvisor.us