Hartford Funds joins the Retirement Advisor Council
- Created: Friday, 06 January 2017 08:00
East Granby, CT – We are pleased to announce Hartford Funds has joined the Retirement Advisor Council as part of the Investment Manager college.
Hartford Funds is one of 19 investment managers on the Council. The company will be represented by Bill Dougherty, Senior Vice President of the Advisory Services Group at Hartford Funds, and will become a member of the Council’s public relations committee, financial literacy subcommittee.
“Hartford Funds is honored to join the Retirement Advisor Council,” said Dougherty. “Our membership with the Council will help us to advance our efforts working with leading retirement plan advisors to help improve qualified plan and plan participant outcomes.”
Hartford Funds has partnered with the MIT AgeLab for over a decade to uncover what investors are thinking about lifestyle trends, who they trust, and the future of retirement—all of which influence their decision-making process. Hartford Funds is also committed to financial wellness research offering distinct resources on the topic to financial advisors.
The Retirement Advisor Council is a national organization that advocates for successful qualified plan and participant retirement outcomes through the collaborative efforts of experienced, qualified retirement plan advisors, investment managers and defined contribution plan service providers. To advance its mission, the Council undertakes initiatives in the areas of research, public relations and promotion, general public education, regulatory positions and practice management. The Council accomplishes this mission by:
- Identifying duties, responsibilities, and attributes of the Professional Retirement Plan Advisor.
- Sharing professional standards with plan sponsors who are responsible for the success of their plans.
- Providing collective thought capital to decision makers, product providers, legislators and the public.
- Giving voice to the retirement plan advisor community
- Offering tools to evaluate advisors to ensure the quality of services provided.
Learn more about the Retirement Advisor Council at www.retirementadvisor.us
Hartford Funds does not provide recommendations or advice, or serve in a fiduciary capacity, to retirement plans.