Despite their high earnings, and even because of them, Executives face unique financial challenges and financial stress that is apt to impact their job performance. These unique financial challenges include:
- Maintaining a socio-economic lifestyle commensurate with their position, regardless of earnings,
- Limitations on contributions to workplace defined contribution plans by ‘highly compensated employees’,
- Lower percentage of earnings replaced by Social Security benefits,
- Greater risks of loss and increased personal liability because of perceived “deep pockets”
- Benefits that provide inadequate financial protection
- Greater exposure to fraud and cybercrime.